List of members of Congress that have called for Pruitt’s resignation.
Scott Pruitt’s many controversies — and his misleading responses to many of them — have left a trail of dozens of important unanswered questions. The unanswered questions touch on virtually every aspect of Pruitt’s job, including staffing, use of taxpayer money, and personal ethics.
Why Scott Pruitt can’t be trusted
Since taking the helm at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt has sabotaged the agency’s mission by strangling its budget, tearing down environmental safeguards, putting industry insiders in charge of the agency, and stamping out science that supports environmental protection. His reckless agenda is putting polluters first, while putting millions of Americans at grave risk of harm.
To help monitor these actions, the Center for American Progress Action Fund is tracking everything that the Trump administration has done and will do to sacrifice the environment and public health to the highest bidder.
According to a review by the Center for American Progress, in his nearly 12 months in office, Pruitt has taken more than 39 actions to undermine the nation’s public health and environmental protections—despite paying lip service to the agency’s mission.
Here are five ways Pruitt is saying one thing and doing the other.
From January 5-10, 2018, Hart Research conducted a national online poll to learn how to best make the case that Scott Pruitt should no longer serve as EPA administrator. We began with a representative sample of voters, but screened out the approximately 15% of the electorate who identify as strong Republicans and who strongly approve of Donald Trump’s performance in office. The 1,000 interviews we completed are representative of the remaining 85% of voters.
Washington, D.C. — Rep. Pramila Jayapal (WA-7th District), Rep. Nanette Diaz Barragán (CA-44th District), Rep. Barbara Lee (CA-13th District), Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-2nd District), Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (TX-18th District), joined moms and women from all walks of life for a press conference and day of action calling on Congress to get serious about protecting kids and communities by fully funding the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).